Support Systems in Pregnancy
Updated: Sep 30, 2019
We hope to live our lives with support systems surrounding us at all times. If we stop and think about just how important our support systems are, we realize that they help us make each and every decision we make and therefore affect all aspects of our lives. Many of us are blessed with family, friends, and colleagues that make up our support system ---- but maybe not. So then what?
Maybe you are at the beginning of your pregnancy and feel like you lack that incredibly important support system to help affirm you through your journey. Where can you find it? How do you create a group of people worthy of your trust and respect during this critical time?
A wonderful way to create a support group through your pregnancy is through prenatal classes. This is a way to meet women (and/or couples) going through the same (or similar) experience as you, and whom are working towards the same goal. A healthy pregnancy.
1) Pre-natal yoga classes. These are classes that promote activity, strength, and flexibility through your pregnancy. These classes also provide women who want to bond with other pregnant women. Look into some local pre-natal yoga classes today!
2) Women's groups in your church or community. These groups bring women together from multiple walks of life to bring each other up and provide life support! Women are powerful yet emotional beings who thrive on the bonds formed with others who have gone through life events similar to their own.
3) Planned family get-togethers. In the 'craziness' that comes with pregnancy, we may forget how important our family is in our lives. Maybe its time to plan a family dinner to catch up and celebrate the little one coming soon.
4) Mamas Maternal Health of course... Our Registered Dietitians (RD) and Certified Lactation Counselors (CLC) will do anything in their power to support you through the ups and downs of your pregnancy. We will be your shoulder to lean on in the most trying moments of pregnancy--- especially with our 24 hour messaging system that allows you to communicate with your RD/CLC at all times.
5) And More! Comment below to share your support group in pregnancy... we would love to hear your story! Click here to join our family today!